Sunday, October 12, 2014

Ethos Vegan Restaurant Review

Monster and I recently just returned from a business trip to the Orlando, FL metro and had the chance to eat at one of the local vegan restaurants, Ethos. What a wonderful dinning experience this was.

Ethos Vegan Kitchen is located in downtown Winter Park, FL, which is just outside of downtown Orlando, FL. Ethos offers a variety of yummy treats from soups, salads, sandwiches, calzones, and pizza. Not to mention, cookies and milkshakes made from soy milk.

I got an awesome Vegan Philly with Slaw. The philly is made from seitan with grilled peppers and topped with vegan cheese from Follow Your Heart. This was pretty spot on. Monster got a "Meatball" sub for his lunch. I couldn't get a picture before he ate it. The meatball are made there in house. I got to try a bite and the flavor was great.

We also got the Healthy Trio, which was hummus, homemade mango salsa, and olive tapenade. It's served with this yummy local vegan bread and veggies for the hummus. It was great! We also got to go two bowls of their soup of the day, Fiery Chili. That chili was so flavorful. It had large red kidney beans with peppers, onions, and other basic chili ingredients. Now, in my opinion, it wasn't fiery. Because I love to consume HOT and flavorful food, I thought it was average. It needed hot sauce for me but Monster thought it was great.

Prices of food compare to potion size: I feel the restaurant was spot on. For what we paid for the potion sizes was good. I have been to some vegan restaurants where they charge more money because it's 100% organic vegan raw and the portion size was tiny. Not here! If you leave hungry, it's your own fault.

This is a restaurant I truly feel I can bring my family and friends to who are not vegan. We will be back in that area again the in the near future and look forward to going back to get more yummy food. I plan on taking my parents, who are not vegan. Something tells me this will get my father's approval. Until later, happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment