Saturday, September 6, 2014

DIY Wreaths

I love DIY projects and easy DIY projects. One thing ever since we bought and moved into our first home (well it's a townhouse-still counts), I have wanted a wreath. I wanted a wreath that I could change out with the seasons or have a standard wreath that I leave up most of the year. I blame Pinterest and Etsy that sparked this whole idea of a burlap wreath. If you do a quick search on Etsy, you will find tons of wonderful sellers with burlap wreaths ranging from $50-$110. Wow! I was hoping to get away with $25-$30 plus shipping.

Well fast forward, I began looking on Pinterest and found several great idea on how to make your own burlap wreaths. Since I made my first St. Patrick's Day wreath, I have made my Summer Patriotic wreath, and a Monogram wreath for my dear friend. I can tell you, I have brought all supplies when I have a coupon at Michaels 40% of one item and others to help save big money. The most I have spent is $25 in supplies. I also do check the Dollar Tree for holiday specific themed ribbons for $1 compare to Michaels, which those can run around $3-$5 and more.

I am still planning to make a fall wreath and a Christmas wreath. Plus, I have a few special request from my friends and family and I will post pictures when those are done. Who knows, maybe one day I will even sell them online via Etsy or at a Farmer's Market. Below are a link and video I found helpful when I was making them. Be creative and embrace the process. What I love about these wreaths is that there is no right or wrong way to lay/string the ribbons and burlap. Happy crafting!! 

Youtube video about how to make them
Great step by step guide to make one

No comments:

Post a Comment