Monday, September 1, 2014

Black Bean pasta in Red Curry Sauce

Prior to going away on my Labor Day vacation, I made this yummy dish that had Black Bean pasta in it. Monster found this at Costco. I've never heard of black bean pasta until then. It's vegan and gluten free. Plus, it is also organic. Wow, this has to be too good to be true. 

The box featured two recipes on it and I decided to try to make one of them that was a curry sauce. I love Thai curries. Red curry is my favorite other that Massaman curry and of course, for those who know me well, know I love my curry spicy. One of my favorite Veg/Vegan friendly Thai restaurants will add fresh chilies in their curry and I go crazy for that. Monster and I could probably live on various kinds and styles of curry for a few weeks before we got tired of it. 

Here's the recipe from the box and their website:


You will need...


  • 1 package Explore Asian of black bean spaghetti
  • 1 can coconut cream (400g)
  • 2 tablespoons Red Curry Paste 
  • 2 tablespoons grated Ginger 
  • 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro 
  • 2 tablespoons Olive oil
  • Black pepper
  • Salt
  • Parmesan cheese (optional)
  • 1 red or yellow pepper


Om Nom Nom 
Now, when I made this I only had coconut milk, left out the olive oil, salt and cheese. I didn't have fresh ginger and used ground ginger. The cilantro was not good that I had, so I threw in green onions. Plus, I had miniature peppers in the fridge I had to use so I didn't use a whole large bell pepper. I also added curry powder to it as well with the juice of a lime. While making the sauce, I did not have enough red curry paste and had to use massaman curry paste. Honestly,with all the substitutions and additions I made to this, I was impressed at how great this sauce turned out. Monster loved it! Next time we make this, we will have it with the addition of tofu, mushrooms, bean spouts, and avocados. I actually loved the sauce that I would serve it over rice if I didn't have the noodles.
So in summary, yes, I would make this again. Don't scared and jump in and try something new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment