Sunday, November 16, 2014

Spicy Soy Chorizo Chili

Ring the alarm and cue Beyonce. Ladies and Gentlemen, today's post will be my spicy chili recipe that sparked from my hubby's request to make a chili from Trader's Joe's soy chorizo.

As you might have notice, we love spicy food. With that being said, for us, this is a good amount of spice but for others, it might be way to spicy. My suggestion is to modify it your taste and liking. When the Monster gave me this challenge, I gladly accepted it. I started searching online and ran across two recipes that I have loosely based mine from. First one is this great vegan one. My issue with it was, not enough spicy for me and it called for sugar. I don't add sugars in my chili and that's my personal preference. The second one which wasn't vegan but had the spicy I was looking for but not enough. As you can see, this one called for two of the chili peppers from the adobo sauce. Personally, that's for me mild.  One more thing, I like to add a can of beer to my chilis. In my opinion, a can of beer can add such depth of flavor to the chili. I was determine to blend these recipes and make my own kickass chili!

So without further ado, I present you with my recipe that is spicy and flavorful. Please reminder, this is a template that you can modify to your taste and liking.

Spicy Soy Chorizo Chili
  • 1 package of Trader Joe's soy chorizo, removed from the casing
  • 1 package of baby bellas mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 red onion, chopped
  • 1 whole head of garlic, chopped
  • 1 red pepper, sliced and chopped
  • 1 green pepper, sliced and chopped
  • 1 can of chili peppers in adobo sauce
  • 1 bag of Trader Joe's frozen roasted corn, you will use half the bag
  • 1 can of Foster's lager beer-or your beer of choice
  • 2 cans of kidney beans, drained
  • 1 28 oz. can of tomato sauce
  • 1-3 cups of veggie broth, depends how much you need depending on the size of your beer can
  • pinch of salt and pepper, flavored to your taste
First get your pot HOT and slice you baby bella mushrooms. One the pan in hot you will place them in there to saute. Meanwhile, quarter your red onion and garlic and place them into the a food processor to chop. (I like to take the easy way when I have to cut that much up.) Add the onion and garlic to your pot. If they start to stick, add a little water or veggie broth. Next chop your pepper and add that to the pot with half a bag of the frozen roasted corn. Next, work on those chili pepper in adobo sauce. Remove the seeds from each pepper and chop them fine. You will want to add them with their sauce to the pan. Add all remaining ingredients and let it simmer for the next 45-60minutes and enjoy. Serve with chopped onion, cilantro, avocado, and cashew cream or vegan sour cream. Also goes good with a nice cold beer too! Enjoy and modify to your likely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment