Sunday, November 2, 2014

Review of Raphsodic Bakery

Monster and I recently celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary 2 week ago. Over that weekend we were in the Orlando metro because he partook in a mud obstacle course race about an hour away. For our anniversary, we decided to get a small 6" vegan cake to celebrate with my parents. We ordered our cake from Raphsodic Bakery in downtown Orlando. They offer many flavors to pick from and and work with different allergies as well. Here is a link to their tumblr. Monster's favorite is Red Velvet. So I got us a Red Velvet cake with Vanilla cream frosting (yes, yes, 100% vegan).

The cake was great! Very moist and flavorful, but it didn't taste like traditional Red Velvet to me. It taste more like a carrot cake to me. I kept tasting a spice that isn't normal for red velvet...like allspice or cinnamon. It's not that we didn't enjoy the cake, because we did, we wouldn't call it red velvet though. My parents agreed. It tasted great but didn't have the taste of tradition red velvet. It was missing something and I'm not sure what. I did double check my order and it was their red velvet I order. The cake was iced in their vanilla butter cream, which was yummy. It did have a coconut taste to it, which leads me to believe they make it from coconut milk, which I love.

I would order a cake from them again, but I think I would try their chocolate. I highly recommend them as well. If you are looking for a bakery that will work with allergies or just need a dang good vegan cake that won't break the bank like Whole Foods, you have found the right place. I will have more entries throughout the month. Stay tuned to see what I do for Thanksgiving and my birthday. Yours truly will be cooking and baking up a storm this month. Until later my readers. ~Bunny~

No comments:

Post a Comment